10/4/13

I Forget The Rest


[ source ]


We were together. I forget the rest. - Walt Whitman

And other quotes I loved and wanted to keep:


I want to write a novel about silence…the things people don’t say.  - Virginia Woolf

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one’s neighbor—such is my idea of happiness. And then, on top of all that, you for a mate, and children perhaps—what can more the heart of man desire?  - Leo Tolstoy

 
I realized
why
you’re not
my cup of tea.
I drink coffee.

 
You can never get enough of nature. To be surrounded by it is to be stilled. It salves the heart. The mountains, the trees, the endless plains. The moon, the myriad of stars. Every man can be made quiet and complete.  - Arthur Burns

When you’re traveling, you are what you are, right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.  - William Least Heat-Moon

If tomorrow, women woke up and decided they really liked their bodies, just think how many industries would go out of business.  - Dr. Gail Dines 


I’m doing badly, I’m doing well, whichever you prefer.  - Franz Kafka, Letters to Milena

If nothing else, one day you can look someone straight in the eyes and say, 'But I lived through it. And it made me who I am today'.  - Iain S. Thomas

Stop waiting for the perfect moment. It will never arrive. There are no perfect moments sweetheart. We choose our moments and I want you to start choosing yours and start choosing now. Time will not wait for you and I don’t want you to miss out on your life because you’ve been patiently waiting on the sidelines thinking you have to stay there. You don’t have to sit this life out, your life out. You have a whole field in front of you for you to discover and run around in. It is there for you, let your feet press down on the earth and then start running, start discovering, and never stop. 
- Acoustic Imagery

My shadow said to me:
what is the matter,
Isn’t the moon warm
enough for you
why do you need
the blanket of another body?

- Margaret Atwood, from “The Shadow Voice"



1 comment:

( hippies always welcome )